Sítio Ybirá Pe, in Bonito MS Brazil, has belonged to the same family for generations and was the first place in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul to build a high ropes course (canopy tour).
It is known as Arborismo no Sítio Ybirá Pe and has elements that reach 20 meters high! This makes it so not only it is the first in Mato Grosso do Sul, but also the highest in Bonito!
In lands that include lots of green and Bonito's Formoso River's crystal clear waters, doing this activity will connect you directly with nature and with yourself. Overcoming the physical obstacles, up high, is something that improves anyone's vacation!
Everything happens safely, because the equipment is top notch and the staff is always present.
One of Ybirá Pe's most special trait is Formoso River access. People who do this activity not only hear it and see it while moving around the elements, but can actually enjoy its waters before and/or after. The swimming docks are available for as long as you like, while the place is open. Depending on the transportation services hired, this activity can be a few hours, half a day or a full day!
Ybirá Pe is not Brazilian Portuguese, but actually Tupi-Guarani. Tupi-Guarani is a native language from a tribe that was present in many areas of what we call Brazil today. In this native language, Ybirá Pe means the trees' path. There is no need to explain the name itself, is there?
- When you arrive at the parking lot, follow the signs, because the main areas are accessed through the trails;
- Once you meet up with the staff, hand your voucher to them and pay attention to the information on the activity's groups and times;
- When it is time to start, the instructor will gather everyone to provide the initial orientation and hand out the mandatory equipment: Helmets and harnesses;
- After everyone has put their gear on, the activity starts from ground level, going up a ladder;
- From this point on, each person takes on the obstacles, slowly moving higher and higher;
- Each element brings new possibilities until the 20-meter-high platform is reached;
- That is where the zip lines starts, bringing lots of adrenaline and fun;
- Taking the group through more platforms and challenges, the course eventually ends back where things started;
- After taking off and returning the gear, people are free to change, leave, or play in Formoso River for some time;
*The whole operation lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes, but it can vary based on weather conditions and/or specific group needs;
- Sustainable restroom
- Swimming docks on the Formoso River
WHAT TO BRING:
- Light clothes
- Tennis shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Swimwear and towel (If you want to play in Formoso River)
- Cash for extras
AGES*: This activity does not restrict participation based on age, but does so based on height and weight.
HEIGHT*: This activity is for people who are taller than 1.20 meters only.
WEIGHT*: This activity is for people who weigh less than 100 kg only.
*The instructors may keep anyone from participating if they feel like the person will compromise the group's safety.
PRICE: Per person
TRANSPORTATION: Not included, talk to us about including it
LUNCH: Not included, this place does not have meal services of any kind
DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN BONITO: Around 7 km, out of which 5 are not paved
Bonito activity prices are set by the attractions themselves and strictly controlled, equal at all agencies. Variations may happen because of rates expiration dates and/or differences between low and high season rates.