Balneário do Sol was one of Bonito MS Brazil's first activities, so it is very traditional! Throughout the years, it has been one of the main places for couples, families and even school or company groups to visit.
The place is large, with a wide range of free play activities. Because it is a swim area, you get away from the typical Bonito time restrictions and enjoy the day however you choose. As long as you stay within the working hours, you can play soccer, play pool, goof around the giant chessboard, get your picture taken with the animals, jump off the diving board, throw yourself off the zipline and enjoy the Formoso River waters whichever ways you would like! All of this is already included in the entrance fee.
The main English word found to translate the Portuguese word "balneário" is "balneary", however these are different things. Balnearies tend to be rooms, closed off places, while balnearios are typically natural swim areas out in the open, usually by rivers or at the beach. This is why H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos has decided to just use "Swim Areas" when discussing this kind of activity in Bonito. So, the name Balneário do Sol basically means The Sun's Swim Area, which is a fitting name for a place that just intends to be a fun play area by the river.
- When you arrive, hand your activity voucher over to the staff
- Once inside, you are free to use the facilities and enjoy your day
- Food and drinks are arranged and paid for directly at the restaurant
* The activity itself does not have a set duration, only working hours that must be considered
- Entrance at Balneário do Sol became more strictly controlled in August 2014, so there must be an agency's voucher.
- H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos' voucher can be purchased right here on the website so that it will be waiting for you when you arrive at your hotel in Bonito.
- Working Hours: Everyday from 8 am thru 5 pm, subject to change due to Daylight Savings Time or local logistical situations
- Depending on the transport service hired, your period of stay may be limited. Be sure to request your schedule's details.
- Sports area with soccer and volleyball
- Games area with pool tables, giant chess and more
- Grassed areas with lounge chairs
- Diving board and zip line to play around the river
- Stone bleachers along some of the river bed
- Grill kiosks (Extra cost must be paid upon arrival and there is no prior reservation, kiosks are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis)
- Light clothes
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Cash for general expenses
- You may take food or drinks, as long as they are not in any kind of glass containers and stay within the authorized areas
This activity is great for all ages, because things are easy, there are shallow and deep swim areas and it is possible to rent life jackets when needed.
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included. You can purchase it at the restaurants.
Talk to us about special prices and conditions for groups of 15 or more people.
Around 12 km, not paved