Balneário Ilha Bonita is a Swim Area activity suited for many kinds of travelers!
Children enjoy the shallow swim areas as well as the playground. Young people have lots of fun at the diving boards and zip lines. Larger groups take advantage of the wide variety of activities and large spaces. Those who are more active can play in the water, go on the trails, throw themselves off the zip lines, jump off the diving boards or even rent tubes. People who prefer to chill and relax can just hang out on the lounge chairs or grill at the kiosks.
It is a big place, with lots of green and good infrastructure in terms of getting in and out of Formoso River. There are several spots built for people who want to get in to swim or see the fish. The place also has natural swimming pools and a restaurant. Everything you need to have a great time in Bonito MS Brazil's wonderful nature!
When looking for translations to the Brazilian word "balenário", the result that shows up most often is "balneary", but these things are different from one another. While balneários in Brazilian Portuguese are open (Most often natural) swim areas by the ocean or a river, balnearies seem to refer to bath houses or other closed spaces for bathing. This led H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos to choose to refer to these kinds of activities in Bonito as just "Swim Areas". It feels more accurate and precise.
Ilha means island and bonita means pretty. So Balneário Ilha Bonita basically comes out to be Pretty Island Swim Area, which derives from the fact that the place is a river island and simply gorgeous!
- When you arrive, hand your activity voucher over to the staff;
- Once inside, you are free to use the facilities and enjoy your day;
- Food and drinks are arranged and paid for directly at the restaurant;
* The activity itself does not have a set duration, only working hours that must be considered;
- Entrance at BalneárioIlha Bonita became more strictly controlled in August 2014, so there must be an agency's voucher;
- H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos' voucher can be purchased right here on the website so that it will be waiting for you when you arrive at your hotel in Bonito;
PERIOD OF STAY:
- Working Hours: Everyday from 8:30 am thru 5 pm, subject to change due to Daylight Savings Time or local logistical situations;
- Depending on the transport service hired, your period of stay may be limited; Be sure to request your schedule's details;
- Games area;
- Green space;
- Grassed area;
- Diving boards and zip lines to play around the river;
- Stone bleachers along some of the river bed;
- Natural swimming pools;
- Grill kiosks (Extra cost must be paid upon arrival and there is no prior reservation, kiosks are assigned on a first come, first serve basis);
WHAT TO BRING:
- Light clothes;
- Insect repellent;
- Sun lotion;
- Cash for general expenses;
- You may take food or drinks, as long as they are not in any kind of glass containers and stay within the authorized areas;
AGES: This activity is great for all ages, because the facilities are good and it is easy to move around
PRICE: Per person
TRANSPORTATION: Not included, talk to us about including it
LUNCH: Not included; You can purchase it at the restaurant; Talk to us about special prices and conditions for groups of 15 or more people;
DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN BONITO: Around 12 km; Not paved;