The Balneário Municipal swim area is one of the Bonito activities that is closest to downtown. The Formoso River, one of the largest in the area, goes through the Balneário and is the main attraction at the place. Crystal clear waters, a lot of fish along with some shallow and deeper swim areas make this everyone's focus.
Because it is a swim area, it is a less restrictive place in Bonito MS Brazil. You arrive at whatever time you would like and enjoy the day however you prefer: Swimming in the river, hanging out on the grass, playing volleyball or using a snorkel (That you rent or own) to see the fish in their natural habitat.
The main English word found to translate the Portuguese word "balneário" is "balneary", however these are different things. Balnearies tend to be rooms, closed off places, while balnearios are typically natural swim areas out in the open, usually by rivers or at the beach. This is why H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos has decided to just use "Swim Areas" when discussing this kind of activity in Bonito. So, the name Balneário Municipal basically means Town Swim Area, because the town government is responsible for this specific swim area's management.
- When you arrive, hand your activity voucher over to the staff;
- Once inside, you are free to use the facilities and enjoy your day;
- Food and drinks can be arranged and paid for at the restaurants;
- Other extras (Snorkel rentals, camera rentals, lockers, etc) are arranged and paid for directly at their locations;
* The activity itself does not have a set duration, only working hours that must be considered;
- Entrance at Balneário Municipal became more strictly controlled in August 2014, so there must be an agency's voucher;
- H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos' voucher can be purchased via smartphone, just click here and follow the instructions (Portuguese only);
PERIOD OF STAY:
- Working Hours: Everyday from 8 am thru 5 pm, subject to change due to Daylight Savings Time or local logistical situations;
- Depending on the transport service hired, your period of stay may be limited; Be sure to request your schedule's details;
- Beach volleyball courts;
- Grassed areas;
- River access docks;
- Stone bleachers along some of the river bed;
- Places for hammocks;
- Grill kiosks (Extra cost must be paid upon arrival and there is no prior reservation, kiosks are assigned on a first come, first serve basis);
- Remodeling construction has started in 2015 and may affect some of the activities or logistics;
WHAT TO BRING:
- Light clothes;
- Insect repellent;
- Sun lotion;
- Cash for general expenses;
- You may take food or drinks, as long as they are not in any kind of glass containers and stay within the authorized areas;
AGES: This activity is great for all ages, because things are easy, there are shallow and deep swim areas and it is possible to rent life jackets when needed
PRICE: Per person
TRANSPORTATION: Not included, talk to us about including it
LUNCH: Not included; You can purchase it at the restaurants; Talk to us about special prices and conditions for groups of 15 or more people;
DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN BONITO: Around 07 km, 500 meters are cobblestone and the rest is paved
Bonito activity prices are set by the attractions themselves and strictly controlled, equal at all agencies. Variations may happen because of rates expiration dates and/or differences between low and high season rates.