Lobo Guará Bike Adventure is a bike activity that happens in Bonito MS Brazil and has become famous in lots of places!
That is because not only do you ride on pavement along the highway, but also around some great trails in the woods that surround Formoso River (Bonito's main river) and get to make a stop for swimming in its crystal clear waters. To top it off, every time this activity happens, the group gets to plant a tree and help recover nature in the area.
It is a good option for those who are in shape, because it covers 18 km total (6 km along the highway to Parque Ecológico Rio Formoso, 6 km in the trails, and the way back on the highway again). People who are less active, but would like to try something like this, can! It is an activity for tourists, not athletes, so the instructor keeps a pace that caters to all types of riders!
Its location also makes it a great activity, because the meeting and departure point is right on Pilad Rebuá (Bonito's main street), very close to Praça da Liberdade (The town's main square, right downtown).
Lobo Guará is how Brazilians call the Maned wolf, a type of canine that is native in the Southern half of the country. It does exist in Bonito area and it is possible to see it on any activity. It just really depends on luck and group behavior. The activity was basically named after this animal.
- When you arrive at the activity's main offices, hand in your voucher to the staff;
- The instructor will then provide initial information and help you choose your bike and equipment, making any adjustments necessary;
- When the entire group is ready, the instructor will grab the plant(s) and start the activity;
- The first part is the 6 km on the highway (There is practically no shade on this stretch) to Parque Ecológico Rio Formoso;
- Once within park grounds, the group rides around on the Formoso River woods trails, making the stop for swimming;
- This part is also 6 km and has shaded areas, uphills, downhills, wider stretches, narrower stretches, etc;
- After playing in the trails, playing in the river, and planting the tree, the group goes back to town by riding the same 6 km along the highway;
- Total, then, there are 18 km, all done in a chill, tourist pace (Making stops for breathing and/or pictures) and with the instructor always present;
*The activity usually lasts around 3 hours and 30 minutes, but it could take more or less time depending on weather conditions and/or the group's needs;
- Drinking water
- Cap or hat
- Light clothes
- Tennis shoes or some other shoes that are ok for the activity (Mandatory)
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
Children under 12 are not allowed on this activity
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included, this activity does not provide food
The meeting and departure point for this activity is in downtown Bonito, very close to Praça da Liberdade (The town's main square, right downtown).