Is it a snorkeling or adventure type of activity? It is both! That is the best way to think of the Bonito Aventura (Bonito Adventure) activity in Bonito MS Brazil.
It happens at Rio Formoso, one of the area's main rivers. Because it is deeper and wider than the other snorkeling rivers, Formoso River allows visitors to swim more freely, using their legs, doing apnea dives and more! What more? Rapids!
Can you imagine taking on rapids while you snorkel? That is the touch of adventure you get at Bonito Aventura. You snorkel down Formoso River's rapids.
Depending on the day, it is possible to see fish and other life forms also, but this activity's main focus is the adventure in itself. Enjoy!
- When you arrive, hand your voucher into to the staff;
- Pay attention to the information on groups and time organization;
- When it is time to start, the guide will gather the group to provide more information and hand out wet suits, shoes, life vests, masks and snorkels;
- People can use the bathrooms to change and leave their belonging in the designated spaces;
- Once everyone is ready, the group beings the 1900-meter walk to the river;
- When needed, the guide will make a stop before getting to the main river area in order to teach people how to use the snorkeling equipment;
- Once at the river, everyone follows the guide's instructions to get in the water and start the aquatic part;
- The activity's DNA is freedom and adventure, so go ahead and swim, go apnea diving, and really play to get most out of the experience in the river;
- The rapids are part of the fun, bringing a different taste to the whole thing;
- After the 2.3 km stretch of river, the group gets to the final docks and the guide helps everyone out of the water;
- The walk from the final docks to the main areas is short and as people get back, they are free to go change;
*The whole operation usually lasts around 2 hours and 30 minutes, but it can vary due to weather conditions and/or specific group needs;
**Before each rapid, there is a chance to get out of the water and walk around it. For safety reasons, depending on river conditions, the guide may determine that some rapids should be avoided.
- Flip flops
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Cash for general expenses
Children under 7 years old are not allowed in this activity.
* The instructors may keep a person from participating in the activity if they feel the person presents any kind of threat to the group's safety.
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included. This activity has no meal services.
Bonito Aventura's facilities are sometimes used for scuba diving with the Kelm Scuba Dive diving operator.
Around 07 km, 500 meters are cobblestone and the rest is paved.