Bonito MS Brazil is famous for the clear water rivers and the Formoso is one of the largest and most important ones. Many tourist attractions and hotels take advantage of it falls, rapids and swim areas. EcoPark Porto da Ilha is one of these places and that's where you can do the Duck Combo!
Combo because it's more than one activity. There are 3 packed into one! Duck because the duck trip on Formoso River is the main attraction!
The 3 activities are:
1. Duck trip on Formoso River
The group is organized into 2 people per duck and heads upstream, following the instructors' guidance, in order to later enjoy the falls and rapids. The river itself, as well as the green that surrounds it, are a show in itself the entire time. Based on the abilities the group is able to display, the activity can be easy and simple or a little more adventurous. It all depends on you and the instructors! Haha
2. Stand up paddle boarding on the Formoso
In a short, however gorgeous and tranquil stretch of river, the instructor leads the group that follows on stand up paddle boards. Stand up paddling has become a fever in Brazil, because it's just so much fun. In this case, you also get to enjoy and observe nature, especially all of the heathy green that surrounds Formoso River.
3. Tubbing on the Formoso
The more active of the three, tubbing happens down a stretch where the falls and rapids are pure fun and joy! You'll likely flip over and fall into the water. If availability allows, the instructor may let you do the whole thing twice! Let loose and enjoy!
All 3 activities in the Duck Combo take place at EcoPark Porto da Ilha with their instructor staff and other visitors. They follow the times and logistics of the day and always include life vests. If you don't know how to swim, you can still participate in all of it!
OPERATION* ** ***:
- Arrive at EcoPark Porto da Ilha by 9:30 am and turn your voucher in at the front desk.
- Pay attention to the instructions on logistics (time and meeting place) for each activity, as well as meal services.
- At each activity's time, show up at the meeting place to meet your instructor and get the mandatory gear (life vests and possibly helmets).
- Follow instructions during the activity and have fun!
- Lunch, when included, is served at EcoPark's restaurant from 12 noon thru 2 pm.
* The Duck Combo's operation takes over the entire day, because the activities are spread out throughout the day.
** Weather conditions, EcoPark's own logistics, and/or each group's style may affect the activities' duration and operation.
*** The 3 activities happen in the order that makes the most sense for EcoPark the day of, therefore it can only be confirmed upon arriving at the front desk.
- Grass area of sunbathing
- River area for swimming
- Other activities' docks
WHAT TO BRING:
- On sunny days, caps or hats are a great idea
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Cash for general expenses
AGES*: Children under 5 years old cannot do this activity.
* The instructors may keep a person from participating in the activity if they feel the person presents any kind of threat to the group's safety.
PRICE: Per person
TRANSPORTATION: Not included, talk to us about including it
LUNCH: Not included, talk to us about including it
OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE SAME LOCATION:
- EcoPark Porto da Ilha has stand up paddling, tubing and sometimes other activities happening. They all must be scheduled ahead of time and follow the place's plans for the day.
DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN BONITO: Around 12 km, not paved
Bonito activity prices are set by the attractions themselves and strictly controlled, equal at all agencies. Variations may happen because of rates expiration dates and/or differences between low and high season rates.