One of the many crystal clear rivers in Bonito MS Brazil is Salobra River, landscaping the area where Boca da Onça happens. The waterfalls activity takes place not quite in Bonito, but in the next town over: Bodoquena.
Boca da Onça consists of a nature walk that goes by many gorgeous waterfalls. Some falls are for pictures only, but that are some that, in the right weather conditions, may be opened up for swimming.
The highlights are Boca da Onça itself, tallest in the state due to its 156-meter-tall face, and Buraco do Macaco, with its amazing energies that make for an unforgettable experience!
Boca da Onça means Jaguar's Mouth and the locals named the waterfalls this way, because there is a place where the rocks behind the water look like a Jaguar's face.
- When you arrive at the main areas, hand your voucher to the front desk staff;
- Pay attention to the directions about times, groups, and tickets for drinks and snacks;
- At the activity's time, the group will be called to get ready and receive safety instructions;
- When the guide gives the ok, the group goes - by car on their own - to the trailhead;
- When everyone has gathered back together at the trailhead parking lot, the guide beings leading the nature walk;
- We strongly suggest leaving heavier objects in the car, because the trail is long - 4 km - and has lots of stairs - over 800 steps;
- Aside from Boca da Onça, tallest waterfalls in Mato Grosso do Sul, the trail goes by other falls for pictures and/or swimming;
- The trail ends back where it began, so everyone can head back to the main areas in their own car;
- Once back, everyone is free to change, have lunch, and enjoy the pool or hammocks until the end of the afternoon;
* The nature walk, with its stops, usually lasts between 4 and 5 hours, but it may vary due to weather conditions and/or specific group needs;
- Restrooms with lockers and showers
- Souvenirs shop
- Pool with natural river water
- Good shoes such as sneakers, boots, Crocs or Tevas (Mandatory)
- Light clothes
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Cash for general expenses
This activity is possible for all ages, but not ideal for small children, elderly people, or those with limited mobility
Not included, talk to us about including it
Always included at this activity
- Rappelling, which includes the nature walk with waterfalls also
Around 60 km out of which 10 are not paved (This activity is in Bodoquena, a town next to Bonito)