The Lago Azul (Blue Lake) Cave activity in Bonito MS Brazil is one of the most popular places in the area. What draws people here is the lake, so transparent that it actually looks blue.
It is a quick and dry activity, because the lake is for pictures only, people do not go near the water. This means that your Lago Azul Cave day can easily include other options in Bonito, as well.
The activity's name in Brazilian Portuguese is Gruta do Lago Azul, which literally translates to Blue Lake Cave or Blue Lake Grotto.
- Hand your voucher over to the front desk staff when you arrive at the activity.
- Pay attention to the information on the order numbers that are used to organize the groups of no more than 15 people at a time.
- When it is time for the activity to begin, the guide will gather everyone to provide basic information, hand out the helmets and make sure everyone's shoes are appropriate and allowed.
- Once the group is ready, the close to 900 meter nature walk begins on an easy trail, wide and graveled.
- The trail ends at a gate that goes to the cave, where the guide will ask that water bottles and possibly other objects be left.
- As you get closer to the cave, the trail becomes a stairway made by nature, in the actual cave rocks.
- There are also some steps that were man made and added after.
- The total number of steps is close to 300 and sometimes there is not handrail nearby.
- When you finish going down all of the steps, you will be at the platform where people hang out to look at the famous blue lake and take pictures.
- After some free time for pictures, the guide will begin to lead everyone back up the same steps.
- When you get back to the mains areas, return your helmet.
- The pace is easy both on the way in and the way back out, because the guide makes stops to talk about the region and also give people breathing breaks.
* The whole operation usually lasts up to 2 hours, but it may vary due to weather conditions and/or specific group needs.
This activity is for children above 5 years old only.
This activity is not recommended for people who have had trouble with labyrinthitis or have any kind of mobility limitation because the trail includes 300 steps with no handrails.
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included, this activity does not provide food
Around 19 km, mostly not paved