Did you know that the Brazilian Pantanal is the world's largest flat wetlands? That it is the home, the natural habitat, for so many species, that it is considered to be one of the world's widest biodiversities?
All of this is true and brings you the opportunity for wonderful adventures! Those who love nature, have lots to gain spending some time in this area!
One of the best places to get close to this amazing natural wonders is the Passo do Lontra. That is the place where you will see Pantanal from two angles: safari down Estrada Parque and boat ride along the Miranda River, one of the mai rivers in Pantanal!
Estrada Parque Safari: Leaving from Passo do Lontra, the safari tour will take you down Estrada Parque, all the way to São João farm. You will ride the safari vehicle for 23 km down Estrada Parque, a preserved area of Brazil. From the back of the vehicle, you see nature on both sides. You will see beautiful landscapes, the famous flatlands, and, depending on your luck, you may see animals as well! It is quite common to see caimans, capybaras, and lots of birds. Sometimes it is also possible to see deer, buffalos, and armadillos. Some very lucky travelers may see the rare and timid jaguar. Very, very lucky, ok?
Boat ride down Miranda River: You leave right from Passo do Lontra itself. The deck is right there and you can get onto the boat safely. The path is from there to the Vermelho River. During the ride you will see gorgeous pantaneiro landscapes, plants, and wildlife. The river brings a different angle and feel to the whole thing. You will see different species and/or the same species in different ways, with different behaviors. Always with lots of nature all around!
- Arrive at Passo do Lontra by 8 am (keep in mind that the trip from Bonito or Campo Grande takes about 4 hours)
- Report to the farm's front desk, reception/lobby area
- After serving a light snack, the farm staff will coordinate and organize the groups for the Estrada Parque safari to São João farm
- After the safari, it is time for lunch. Sometimes lunch is served at São João farm itself. Sometimes the group heads back to Passo do Lontra to eat.
- When lunch is finished, the group leaves for the boat ride on Miranda River, where everyone gets to see the place where Miranda and Vermelho rivers meet
- Once everyone is back from the boat ride, another light snack is served and visitors are free to leave around 4:30 pm
* The entire day takes between 6 and 7 hours, with the possibility for changes due to weather conditions and/or group needs.
** The activities order and organization may change dues to weather conditions and/or the logistics at the farm. This means they are only confirmed to the visitor directly, upon arrival at the farm on the scheduled day.
- Nature trail on decks
- Decks by Miranda River
- Light, long clothing, and a hat (At the Pantanal, both the Sun and the insects demand extra care)
- Insect repellent
- Use tons of it!
- Sun lotion
- Use tons of it!
- Cash for extras
This activity is great for all ages, because the place is easy to get to and everything is chill
Not included, talk to our staff to add it
Yes, always included for this activity
Around 240 km, out of which 7 (on Estrada Parque) are not paved
Around 325 km, out of which 7 (on Estrada Parque) are not paved