Scuba diving in Formoso River in Bonito MS Brazil you will quickly realize why divers from all around the world pay attention to this area!
Formoso River has transparent waters and the experience includes going into waterfalls, where it feels like you are swimming in a glass of champagne.
During certain times of the year, the river may also have different kinds of fish. It depends on weather conditions, reproduction periods, etc. The main attractions for those diving in Formoso River are the water, the depth (Between 4 and 8 meters, depending on the river and the divers), and the falls.
Something worth mentioning is that Formoso River scuba diving is ok for beginners. Even people who are not certified and have never gone diving before in their life can do this activity. The staff is prepared for these kinds of travelers and will be able to assist in an incredible and safe experience!
There are several scuba diving companies in Bonito and they each do their Formoso River dives at a different dive site. Aside from the dive site, diving companies may also differ in prices, times, duration and/or logistics. H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos usually works with Caiman, which does Formoso River diving within Hotel Cabanas' property and is priced as posted here. It is very important that you always check if this is the diving company in your reservations.
- Stop by Caiman's offices the night before the activity (It is near Praça da Liberdade (The main square in Bonito downtown area);
- Turn your voucher in and talk to the staff about the equipment, logistics, etc;
- On the day of the activity, report to the location as agreed (Sometimes it may be the offices again, sometimes it can be directly at Hotel Cabanas);
- When you arrive at Hotel Cabanas, the instructors will tell you about where to change, where to leave personal items, etc;
- After finishing this initial part, the group walks the trails through the woods to the river;
- By the river, the instructor will explain the activity, scuba diving equipment, underwater route and signals for communication;
- The staff will help you put your equipment on;
- When everyone is ready and geared up, the instructor starts the process for each person to get in the water, get used to the gear, and begin diving at their own pace;
- Once you are divining, the instructor will give you space according to your own performance and security;
- When you realized that you are breathing underwater, it is an incredible feeling! Enjoy it! Go up, go down, look all around you!
- Following the instructor's directions, you will go to the falls to play a little and then end up back at the place where you started;
- When you are out of the water, take the equipment off as instructed and return everything;
- Then, head out on the trails and you are free to change clothes, etc;
*This whole operation usually lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes, but it can very due to weather conditions, river conditions, and/or specific group needs;
WHAT TO BRING:
- Underwater camera;
- Insect repellent;
- Sun lotion;
AGES: This activity is for children over 10 years old only
PRICE: Per person
TRANSPORTATION: Not included, talk to us about including it
MEAL: Not included, this activity does not provide food
OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE SAME LOCATION:
- Hotel Cabanas, where Caiman's Formoso River's dive site is located, also offers tubing and a high ropes course, sometimes known as canopy tour (Both require prior reservations and vouchers)
DISTANCE FROM DOWNTOWN BONITO: Caiman's offices are near Praça da Liberdade (The main square in Bonito downtown area) and Hotel Cabanas is 7 km away, all paved
Bonito activity prices are set by the attractions themselves and strictly controlled, equal at all agencies. Variations may happen because of rates expiration dates and/or differences between low and high season rates.