Praia da Figueira is one of the largest swim areas in Bonito MS Brazil. Known to have the warmest water of the swim areas (Because it is a pond, not the river directly), the place has everything visitors need. Families, couples or larger groups, all find things to enjoy at Praia da Figueira!
The pond has Bonito's tallest zipline and kiosks for enjoying drinks or food in the water. Around the pond, you find a sand area and also grass areas to sunbathe, play volleyball, or even do some slacklining. Some extra fees, paid directly to the staff at the place, will allow you to do some stand up paddling, 4 wheeling or more!
When looking for translations of the Brazilian word "balneário" to English, the word most often returned is "balneary", but they are not the same thing. Balnearies in English refer to things like old time bath houses. Balneários in Brazilian Portuguese are natural swim areas, usually out in the open, like at the beach or by a river or lake. That is the reason H2O Ecoturismo e Eventos chose to just call these types of activities in Bonito "Swim Areas". It feels more accurate.
Praia means beach and figueira means fig tree, so the name Praia da Figueira would translate to Fig Tree Beach. The reason for the name is that the place really has a huge fig tree. It is quite impressive and its shade is used for the hammocks area.
- When you arrive, hand your activity voucher over to the staff
- Pay attention to the information on how to control and pay for food and drinks
- Once inside, you are free to use the facilities and enjoy your day
* The activity itself does not have a set duration, only working hours that must be considered
- Entrance at Praia da Figueira became more strictly controlled in August 2014, so there must be an agency's voucher.
- H2O's vouchers can be purchased right here on the website so that it will be waiting for you when you arrive at your hotel in Bonito.
- Working Hours: Everyday from 8 am thru 5 pm, subject to change due to Daylight Savings Time or local logistical situations.
- Depending on the transport service hired, your period of stay may be limited. Be sure to request your schedule's details.
- Bathrooms and changing rooms
- Shaded hammocks area
- Grass area with kiosks, tables and chairs
- Sand area with lounge chairs
- Pond with kiosks and zip line
- Light clothes
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Cash for general expenses
- Food or drinks cannot be brought in from other places
This activity is great for all ages, because it is easy to move around and the pond has both shallow and deep areas
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included. You can purchase it at the restaurant. Talk to us about special prices and conditions for groups of 15 or more people.
Around 16 km, not paved