Abismo Anhumas is ones of the most famous and most restricted activities in Bonito MS Brazil!
Due to the height rappelled, the transparency of the water while snorkeling or scuba diving, the amazing rock formations seen on the raft ride, the physical effort needed to leave on the same ropes used for the way in and the less than 20 people per day limit, this activity is simply one of the most impressive, most unforgettable, and most difficult to do in Bonito.
Difficult because not only do you need to find spots and make a reservation, but you also need to go through and pass the training before you can go on the actual activity. This mandatory training must be done one day before the activity itself and is required for both kinds of activity: Snorkeling and scuba diving.
It happens at the urban offices, which is in downtown Bonito, a few blocks from the Praça da Liberdade (The town's main square, with the fish). The scheduled time is 6 pm, but sometimes the doors open earlier. It takes about half an hour. It is a good idea to bring the clothes you plan to wear to the activity itself to the training, so that you can try things out for comfort and also received the instructors' feedback.
- When you arrive at the urban offices, hand your voucher over to the staff;
- Pay attention to the information provided and get geared up accordingly;
- When you have all of the equipment on, wait for your turn on the ropes;
- Once tied up, follow instructors' tips and directions to go up to the 8-meter-high platform;
- When you reach the top, you go back down to get a feel for the way down and to talk to the instructor about what needs to be adjusted;
- After the short feedback session, you go up again;
- If all goes well, when you come down the second time, the training has ended;
- Talk to the staff about how you felt and the physical effort needed so that they may decide if you can do the activity;
- If the activity is confirmed, this is when they will decide and tell you the time it will happen;
- Once everything is good and the time has been set, go to the place where snorkeling and scuba diving equipment is handled;
- When the equipment is also all set and confirmed you are able and cleared to do the activity as planned;
- Let the agency know that you have finished the process and the time your activity will happen as soon as possible;
- This contact with the agency is need for all and especially important for those who have hired transportation services from the agency;
*This whole operation usually takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour, but it may vary due to weather conditions, specific group needs and/or the mean of transportation used;
- The clothes you plan on using on the day of the activity itself so that the instructors can take a look and give you feedback;
- Any photo or video equipment (GoPro or similar devices) that you would like to use on the day of the activity in order to make sure that it is allowed;
- Long sleeve shirt;
- Long pants;
- High socks;
*Those who intend to scuba dive at Abismo Anhumas must also bring their diving certifications so that they can be presented to the staff
Children must be at least 10 years old and this activity
It is included in the reservation for snorkeling or scuba diving at Abismo Anhumas itself
Not included, talk to us about including it
Not included and this place has no food options
The training happens at the activity's urban offices, which is downtown, near Praça da Liberdade (Bonito's main square, with the fish)